TXDOT Pulls TV Ad Featuring JP Candidate After Questions From CBS 7 2/25/14
CBS 7 News
February 25, 2014
ECTOR COUNTY-We told you last week about a TXDOT safe driving TV ad which features an Ector County candidate for Justice of the Peace.
Following questions from CBS 7, TXDOT says it has pulled the ad featuring JP Candidate Jesse Porras until the election. The ad is also no longer on the TXDOT YouTube channel.
According to a TXDOT media spokesperson, the ad was created under a $1.2 million dollar contract for statewide TV, radio and print ads.
They say the public service ad was created in May of 2013 without the knowledge that any of the people appearing in the ad were running for office.
TXDOT did pay to run the ads, Porras said the company who filmed the advertisement paid him for his work. He called the ad last week a “blessing”.
Porras said he did not intend to run for office at the time the ad was filmed.