Rodgers is a No Go for the Packers 12/20/13
UNDATED - Aaron Rodgers has been ruled out of Green Bay's game against Pittsburgh Sunday. It will be the seventh straight game the quarterback has missed since suffering a fractured left collarbone in a game against Chicago Nov. 4.
Backup Matt Flynn will make a fourth straight start for the 7-6-1 Packers who are in the thick of a three-way race for the NFL North lead.
Elsewhere around the league;
- Denver receiver Wes Welker has been ruled out of this weekend's game at Houston, as expected. He's also expected to be held out of the Broncos' regular-season finale at Oakland on Dec. 29 as a precaution against a third head injury this month, which would end his season. The Broncos (11-3) are hoping to gain home-field advantage in the playoffs and a first-round bye that would give Welker more than a month's rest.
- Running back Adrian Peterson is expected to play when Minnesota takes on Cincinnati Sunday as long as he doesn't have a setback in his recovery from a sprained right foot. The league's second-leading rusher returned to practice Friday.
- The status of injured Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs will remain uncertain until just before game time Sunday night against Philadelphia. Briggs went through his first full practice Friday since fracturing his left shoulder Oct. 20.
- Safety Aaron Williams has been ruled out of Buffalo's home game against Miami Sunday due to a rib injury suffered in the win over Jacksonville last week. Jim Leonard is expected to start in his place.
- Jacksonville running back Maurice Jones-Drew practiced in a limited capacity Friday, a positive sign he might be able to play against Tennessee. Jones-Drew missed last week's game against Buffalo with a lingering hamstring injury.
- Browns cornerback Joe Haden returned to practice Friday after missing two days with a bruised hip and says he may play in Sunday's game against the New York Jets.
- Pittsburgh defensive end Brett Keisel says he will play on Sunday against Green Bay, after missing the last five games with a left foot injury.