Man in Tyler Burned After Halloween Costume Fire 11/1/13
TYLER, Texas - Investigators say a man in East Texas has suffered severe burns after his camouflage-like Halloween costume caught fire in an alleged cigarette accident.
Tyler Fire Department officials on Friday did not immediately identify the hospitalized man or update his condition. Fire Marshal Paul Findley says the victim wore camouflage-type clothing that resembles foliage - commonly known as a ghillie (GIL'-ee) suit.
Findley says crews on Thursday night were dispatched to a Tyler home about a person on fire. Bystanders help put out the blaze. The victim was transported to a Tyler hospital then moved to a burn unit in Dallas.
Findley says investigators believe the fire may have been the result of cigarette smoking materials.