Billups Returns To Detroit...AP Source: Kirilenko To Nets 07/12/13
July 12, 2013
UNDATED - Look who is back with the Detroit Pistons: guard Chauncey Billups. He starred for the Pistons before being traded to the Nuggets in 2008 and was the 2004 NBA Finals MVP when the Pistons beat the Lakers. Billups has agreed to a two-year contract with the first season guaranteed at $2.5 million.
In other NBA news:
- A person with knowledge of the deal says the Brooklyn Nets have agreed to a contract with forward Andrei Kirilenko. The Russian forward opted out of his $10.2 million deal for next season with the Minnesota Timberwolves and found a home with the Nets.
- The Dallas Mavericks have signed free-agent point guard Jose Calderon, who led the NBA with 46 percent 3-point shooting last season. Agent Mark Bartelstein said last week the contract was worth $29 million over four seasons.
- The Denver Nuggets bolstered their frontcourt by signing free agent forward J.J. Hickson to a three-year deal. The 24-year-old is coming off his best season when he averaged 12.7 points and a career-high 10.4 rebounds with Portland.
- The Minnesota Timberwolves and veteran power forward Ronny Turiaf have agreed to a two-year, $3.2 million contract. He played sparingly with the Clippers last season.
- Peace is not at hand for the Los Angeles Lakers. They waived Metta World Peace under the NBA's amnesty provision, which will save the team about $15 million in luxury tax. He was set to earn $7.7 million next season, which the Lakers still must pay.