NBA: Spurs Stay Hot 2/14/13
February 14, 2013
CLEVELAND - Kawhi (kah-WHY') Leonard's 3-pointer with 2.9 seconds remaining gave the San Antonio Spurs a 96-95 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Spurs, who have won 14 of 15, had stars Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili on the floor together for the first time since Jan. 13.
Tony Parker led the NBA best 42-12 Spurs with 24 points while Gary Neal scored 15.
Checking the rest of the NBA:
- Caron (kuh-RAHN') Butler scored 17 of his 19 points in the opening quarter when the Clippers shot 77 percent and Los Angeles led all the way in beating the Houston Rockets 106-96.
- Josh Smith had 30 points and 10 rebounds and Al Horford added 26 points and 12 rebounds as the Atlanta Hawks blew past the Orlando Magic 108-76. Jameer Nelson and Andrew Nicholson led the Magic with 10 points apiece.
- Paul George posted his first career triple-double with 23 points, 12 rebounds and a career-high 12 assists, and the Indiana Pacers routed the Charlotte Bobcats 101-77. Byron Mullens led the Bobcats with 19 points and Gerald Henderson chipped in 14.
- Will Bynum scored six of his 20 points in a late run and the Detroit Pistons went on to beat the Washington Wizards 96-85. Jose Calderon led the Pistons with 24 points, while Greg Monroe finished with 16 points and 18 rebounds as Detroit rebounded from a lopsided home loss Monday to New Orleans.
- Joe Johnson scored 26 points, including five 3-pointers, and C.J Watson added 25 points and five 3s to help Brooklyn beat Denver 119-108. All-Star center Brook Lopez had 23 points and eight rebounds for Brooklyn.
- Kevin Garnett scored eight of his 12 points in the fourth quarter and added 11 rebounds, as the Boston Celtics beat the Chicago Bulls 71-69.
- Reserve Alan Anderson scored 26 points as the Toronto Raptors beat the New York Knicks 92-88.
- Monta Ellis scored 28 points, Brandon Jennings added 21 and the Milwaukee Bucks rallied in the fourth quarter for a 94-92 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers. Samuel Dalembert had 17 points and 14 rebounds for the Bucks, who ended a four-game losing streak.
- Anthony Davis had 21 points and 11 rebounds, and the New Orleans Hornets handed the Portland Trail Blazers their fifth straight loss, 99-63.
- Al Jefferson had 20 points and 11 rebounds and Paul Millsap scored 21 points to power the Utah Jazz to a 97-93 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Vince Carter scored 26 points to pass Larry Bird on the NBA's career scoring list, and the Dallas Mavericks headed into the All-Star break with a 123-100 victory against the Sacramento Kings.