Elderly Woman Succumbs to Injuries Sustained in House Fire 1/11/13
City of Odessa
January 11, 2013
January 11, 2013 – Odessa Fire / Rescue was notified today Yvonne Miller, date of birth 10-13-32, passed away yesterday, January 10, at Medical Center Hospital.
Ms. Miller was transported to Medical Center Hospital after OFR responded to a structure fire at her residence, 4236 Redbud, on the morning of January 9.
Investigators determined the fire started as a result of a space heater. The house did not have a working smoke detector.
The Fire Marshal’s office encourages everyone to have working smoke detectors in all homes. Anyone not able to afford a smoke detector should contact the Odessa Fire Marshal’s office at 432.257.0518.