Small Battery Dangers 12/18/12
CBS 7 News
December 18, 2012
ODESSA, TX - An Odessa hospital wants to warn parents about a health risk to your kids, which is especially common during the holidays. With all the new toys requiring batteries, Medical Center Hospital is reminding parents of the dangers of children ingesting small batteries.
Physicians say the batteries can burn the inside of the stomach lining. If you think your child has swallowed a battery you're urged to go to the Emergency Room immediately.