Odessa Police Investigate Purse Snatching 11/20/12
OPD Press Release
(Odessa)- The Odessa Police Responded to a purse snatching call in the parking lot of Wal-Mart. The victim reported she was
walking to her vehicle which was parked close to the front of the store.
A vehicle described as a tan or champagne
color pick-up possible Chevy Silverado drove slowly pass her.
The driver, a thin build possibly Hispanic male reached out the
window and grabbed her purse which was on her shoulder.
The driver then drove off at a high rate of speed.
female described as having red highlights in her hair, was a passenger inside the truck.
The bed of the truck had a lot of equipment, tools, etc.
The victim, female, 67 years of age was not injured.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to notify the Odessa Police Department at 432-333-3641 or Odessa Crime Stoppers at 432-333-TIPS.
Tis the Season is upon us and th e Odessa Police Department would like to remind citizens to take extra caution this holiday season.
There are perpetrators who make a living preying on the innocent and the elderly.
As you make plans to go shopping and visiting we offer these safety tips:
1. Do not shop alone.
2. Carry minimum amount of cash and only the necessary identification and credit card needed.
3. Do not leave valuables, spare keys, purses, inside your vehicle especially in plain sight. Always lock your vehicle.
4. Park in well lighted areas and look for areas that have security cameras.
5. Pay attention to your surroundings, if you notice suspicious persons or vehicles in the area notify police immediately.
6. Be weary of solicitors and scammers. Do your research and do not feel compel to immediately give money. Your best bet is to give to a local charity of your choice. Refer those in need to a local charity or organization.
1. Always keep your doors and windows locked and secured. Keep storage buildings locked.
2. Report any suspicious activity or vehicles cruising your neighbor. It is important to note the make, model, color and license plate if possible. Also, number of occupants inside the vehicle.
3. Keep your house lighted, especially outside. Invest in motion lights to save energy.
4. Record serial numbers and keep them in a separate location. Its important to record the serial number not just the model number.
All in all the Odessa Police Department wishing everyone a safe Thanksgiving.
Remember, You drink, You Drive, You go to Jail.
Designate a driver.