UPDATE: A/C Electrical Short Cause of Fire at Travelodge 10/25/12
CBS 7 News
October 25, 2012
MIDLAND- A faulty A/C is the cause on an early morning fire at the Travelodge on I-20.
Assistant fire marshal David Hickman said no one was injured during the fire.
The fire began in Room 149, but did not spread to any additional rooms.
Major damage was done to Room 149 and the walkway outside, but the surrounding rooms received only minor smoke damage.
Hickman said the reason why the A/C failed is still under investigation.