Waco Man Injured in House Fire Last Month Dies 9/11/12
September 11, 2012
WACO, Texas (AP) - A Vietnam War veteran critically injured in an August fire at his Waco home has died.
The funeral for 62-year-old Larry Gene Young is set for Friday. The Dallas County medical examiner reports that he died Sunday.
The Waco Tribune-Herald (http://bit.ly/TO6T4u ) reports that Young had been treated at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas since the Aug. 10.
Young was one of four people injured in the fire, which investigators think started with a cigarette lit near a medical oxygen tank.
Also injured in the blaze were Young's wife, 3-year-old granddaughter and son Dillon Young.
According to an obituary, Young, who served in the Army during the Vietnam War, was a member of Disabled American Veterans.